Now Accepting Auditions
General audition guidelines
- Choose audition solos and scales that represent your current level of playing.
- Audition music should be thoroughly prepared and mastered to the best of your ability.
- Students should consult their private teacher or school music teacher for selection and preparation of appropriate audition music.
- You will be asked to upload copies of your audition music.
- Audition videos should not exceed 10 minutes.
For more specific audition guidelines for your instrument follow these links:
Requirements to join YOBC
School Music Program Participation Requirement
All students must participate in their school instrumental music program as available.
Private Lesson Requirement
Students who are not taking private lessons are allowed to audition for YOBC, however, all students who are accepted are required to begin private lessons prior to enrolling. YOBC requires all student members to take private lessons.
YOBC requires students to treat their conductors, ensemble liaisons, and fellow musicians with respect. Students who repeatedly engage in disruptive or disrespectful behavior may be dismissed and required to forfeit YOBC membership and tuition.
Core ensembles rehearse weekly on Sunday afternoons during the months of September-November and January-April at the Bucks County Community College, Newtown Campus. Most chamber groups rehearse weekly; string sectionals occur on a rotating basis for some ensembles.
How to apply to audition for YOBC
- First, click here to complete an audition application
- Next, click here to select a method to audition. You can audition in-person on select dates or you can submit an online audition
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 267-225-1908.