Now Accepting Auditions
General audition guidelines
- Choose audition solos and scales that represent your current level of playing.
- Audition music should be thoroughly prepared and mastered to the best of your ability.
- Students should consult their private teacher or school music teacher for selection and preparation of appropriate audition music.
- You may audition in-person on select dates or submit a video (see below for how to apply)
For more specific audition guidelines for your instrument follow these links:
Requirements to join YOBC
School Music Program Participation Requirement
All students must participate in their school instrumental music program as available.
Private Lesson Requirement
YOBC students must take private lessons. Elementary students who play a band instrument (ie: not a string instrument) are excluded from the private lesson requirement for their first year of membership in YOBC. However, we strongly recommend that all students take private lessons to support their overall musical progress.
Students who are not taking private lessons are allowed to audition for YOBC, however, once accepted those who are required to do so must begin private lessons prior to attending rehearsals in YOBC.
YOBC requires students to treat their conductors, ensemble liaisons, and fellow musicians with respect. Students who repeatedly engage in disruptive or disrespectful behavior may be dismissed and required to forfeit YOBC membership and tuition.
Core ensembles rehearse weekly on Sunday afternoons during the months of September-November and January-April at the Bucks County Community College, Newtown Campus. Most chamber groups rehearse weekly; string sectionals occur on a rotating basis for some ensembles.
How to apply to audition for YOBC
- First, click here to complete an audition application
- Next, click here to select a method to audition. You can audition in-person on select dates, or you can submit a video audition online at any time. Please submit your video by May 15th to be considered for the first round of ensemble placements for Fall 2023. For the second round of ensemble placements for Fall 2023, videos are due by July 15th.
Email email@example.com or phone 267-225-1908.