Brass and Woodwind Requirements
We recommend that students consult with their private teacher or school music teacher in choosing music and preparing for their audition. Please prepare the following music for your audition.
- Prepared Solo: Choose a solo and prepare for the audition with your teacher. Preparation and musical artistry are important.
- Scales: Major or minor, any number of octaves, which represent your current level of playing.
- Sightreading may be requested
Possible ensemble placement includes:
- Wind Symphony – Intermediate Level (band)
- Wind Ensemble – Advanced II Level (band)
- Philharmonia – Advanced II Level (full orchestra)
- Fanfare Winds – Advanced I Level (band)
- Symphony Orchestra – Advanced I Level (full orchestra)
Placement in an ensemble is at the sole discretion of YOBC music directors. Students do not audition for a specific ensemble. Guidelines for placement for our different ensembles are located under About YOBC/YOBC Curriculum.