In addition to the annual fall and spring concerts, YOBC also offers occasional local field trip opportunities and biennial concert tours. Past concert venues and field trip destinations include the historic Pen Ryn on the Delaware, the Old Post Office in Washington, DC, and St. Peters Church, Ellis Island, and the Statue of Liberty.
In recent years, YOBC students have been able to participate in a low-cost trip to the Kimmel Center to hear the Philadelphia Orchestra. The concert is often preceded by a meet-and-greet with several of the musicians who answer questions and discuss they music they will be performing.
Every other summer, YOBC members, alumni, and parents have the opportunity to sign up for a 10-day international concert tour at their own expense. The tour is available to students in Ripieno, Philharmonia, Symphony Orchestra, and Concert Winds. Below is a list of the destinations to date:
- 2024: Austria
- 2022: Tuscany and the Italian Lakes
- 2018: Andalusia: Southern Spain.
- 2016: French Alps & Riviera. Four concerts and sightseeing from the Alpine glaciers to the beaches at Cannes.
- 2014: Italy — from Venice to Rome with performances, master classes, and sightseeing.
- 2012: Northern Spain and Southern France. Four concerts including the 63rd Music Festival of Menton, France, and a master class were part of this latest tour.
- 2008: Northern Italy and Tuscany – performing five concerts, including Soave’s “Musica fra le Mura” festival and “Eventi Bardolin’08” in Bardolino. Tour participants attended Verdi’s Aida in the 2000-year old Arena di Verona
- 2006: Prague and Karlovy Vary in the Czech Republic, Hahnbach, Germany – again participating in the International Youth Music Festival, this time in the Oberpfalz region of Germany
- 2004: Scandinavia – performances in Odense, Egeskov Castle, Tivoli Gardens in Copenhagen, and Stockholm