Tuition for the 2023-2024 season is as follows:
- Full Season
- One child in YOBC = $814/student
- Two children in YOBC from the same family = $733/student
- If there are more than 2 children from the same family in YOBC, tuition for the first two students is $733/student. The 3rd child (and any additional children) receives free tuition.
- One child in YOBC = $814/student
- Sustaining member add-on = $200 in addition to tuition
Tuition covers only a portion of the cost of educating a YOBC student through our programs. Your choice of sustaining membership helps provide additional funds for YOBC to put toward scholarships for families in need of assistance.
- Volunteer waiver add-on = $150 in addition to tuition
YOBC has a parent volunteer requirement. This requirement can be waived for the fee indicated above.
- Liaison Credit = -$100 reduction of tuition
The volunteer liaison role requires a parent to be present for every rehearsal for at least one semester. There are typically two liaisons per ensemble. Parents can apply to be a liaison during the enrollment process. If accepted, the credit will be applied after the third rehearsal of the semester that the liaison is serving in.
- Tuition is non-refundable
- Tuition payment or a tuition assistance request is due at time of enrollment
- Tuition must be paid in full before a student can attend rehearsals
- Pay online via credit card or PayPal
- Mail in a check
Tuition assistance is available and awarded on the basis of need.
It is our goal that no student will be turned away from YOBC due to a lack of financial resources. In order to be eligible for tuition assistance:
- Student must be accepted into YOBC
- Student must participate in their school’s performance music program (if available)
- Student must take private music lessons (1st year elementary band students are exempt)
- Students and their families must demonstrate financial need and a commitment to YOBC
Students approved for tuition assistance are expected to demonstrate the highest commitment to YOBC in terms of preparedness, attendance, leadership, and full participation in YOBC programs and concerts.
How to apply for tuition assistance
You must first enroll to be considered for tuition assistance. You can apply for tuition assistance on the payment section of the enrollment form. You will be asked to indicate how much of the tuition your family can contribute and a brief description of your financial circumstances.
The first round of tuition assistance will be for enrollments for the upcoming Fall semester that have been submitted between March 1st and June 30th. Other requests for tuition assistance outside of those dates will be considered as funds allow.
The first round of tuition assistance awards notices will be emailed on July 15th. Other requests will be processed within two weeks of receipt of the enrollment form.
The balance of tuition due must be paid within two (2) weeks of receiving a tuition assistance award notice.
As an alternative to tuition assistance, families may request for tuition to be made in four (4) monthly payments. We will invoice you for each payment. Payments 2, 3, and 4 will be for $200. The first payment will be for the remaining total due. As example, $814 would be four monthly payments of $214, $200, $200, and $200. The first payment will be due at time of enrollment. To request a payment plan, in the enrollment form, please select “Request tuition assistance” as the Payment Method and enter “Payment Plan” in the “Family Contribution” and “Additional Information” fields.
YOBC’s President’s Scholarship is a need-based scholarship that offers one year of free private lessons on your instrument and one year of significant tuition assistance at YOBC. All application materials must be submitted by July 1st to be considered. To apply, click here to view the President’s Scholarship application requirements.