Next Informational Tour Meeting for Interested Parents and Families:
Sunday, September 24, 2023, 2:15pm in Room AH100 at BCCC
Current Fundraising Opportunities
- Tour dates: July 8 – 17, 2024
- Air Travel: non-stop flights, TBA
- Participation in four concerts/international music festivals
- Recreation (with students in mind) including a beach day, cultural tours/sightseeing, and a farewell dinner
- Round trip airfare
- Two meals a day – usually breakfast and dinner (drinks with meals not included)
- Two tour buses, and 1 van for the instruments.
- Bilingual tour manager and driver on each bus
- Double/triples/quads for students; Double occ. for adults (single room upgrade fee)
- Educational, cultural, musical, recreational activities and entrance fees
- Trip insurance is not included in the package; YOBC strongly recommends participants purchase trip insurance
- No deviations from the tour package can be allowed
Tour Package Cost
Preliminary package cost announced by late September 2023
Tour Rehearsal Dates:
Friday April 26th 2024 – Tour Soiree/First rehearsal: 5:00 – 9:15pm
Sunday May 19th -Tour Rehearsal, 1:00 – 5:15
Sunday June 9: – Tour Rehearsal 1:00 – 5:15
Friday July 5: Tour Rehearsal 5:45 – 10:00
Saturday July 6: Tour Rehearsal 5:45 – 10:00
Sunday July 7: Tour Rehearsal 1:00 – 3:30, Bon Voyage Concert 4:00pm
Who Is Eligible?
- YOBC students who are in Symphony Orchestra, Concert Winds, Wind Ensemble, Philharmonia, and Ripieno are eligible.
- YOBC Alumni are invited to join the tour!
- Parents and family members. Younger siblings accompanying parents may qualify to perform with the tour ensemble pending an audition with Mr. Loughran.
- Preference for space will go to students (over parents/siblings), and additional preference will go to ensure instrumental balance, and to early registrants.
Parent Tour Participation
- All adults participating in the tour must serve as volunteer chaperones for part of the trip
- We will take applications for 5 adults willing to function as overnight security chaperones. Tour discounts will be available for these positions. Please contact Erica Stockton (firstname.lastname@example.org)
How Do I Join?
- Fill out the Online Tour Application
Paying for the Tour
Payment Schedule and Information will be published below
Fundraising: YOBC will provide fundraising opportunities for students/parents to help pay for their trip. If you are interested in helping to plan fundraising, have ideas to share, or are interested in being the committee head for tour fundraising, please contact Erica Stockton at email@example.com
Financial Aid: Some student financial aid is available. Aid will be decided upon the basis of need on the part of both the student and YOBC touring ensemble. Applications are available after you’ve registered for the tour.
- Artistic Leadership: Robert Loughran
- Tour Company: The International Music Exchange (TIME)(https://www.timeconcerts.co.uk/)
- Tour Directors: Monica and Gerardo Konig
- Tour Administrator: Erica Stockton
Tour Planning Committee
You can help us make this a great tour by joining the Tour Planning Committee. The committee is comprised of parents, the tour directors (Monica and Gerardo Konig), and YOBC staff. The committee will meet regularly during YOBC rehearsals and/or online to give input and plan the tour in areas including procedures, security & safety, tour publicity, social events, financial recordkeeping and producing a tour handbook. Meeting times will be announced via email and posted on the YOBC website. Please indicate on the application form if you are interested in joining the Tour Planning Committee. Tour Committee members volunteer in the following areas:
- Tour Document Collection
- Tour Fundraising (Coordination)
- Tour Treasurer (discount available for this position)
- Tour Soiree and Rehearsal Refreshments
- Tour Rehearsal Set-Up & Breakdown
- Tour Departure Day Coordinators
All tour information will be posted on the tour page of the YOBC website. Please check the website regularly for updated information. Communication will be conducted via email. Please make sure that the primary email and student email addresses you designate on the tour application are addresses that you regularly monitor.
In addition to the tour application form, there are a number of forms that all tour participants will be required to complete. All forms will be available on the tour page of the YOBC website. Most forms can be submitted electronically. Please take care to submit all forms by their due dates.
All tour participants must have passport/visa which is valid through 6 months after the end of the tour. Passport application and renewal can take time. Start now to make sure you have a valid passport for the tour.
Apply for or renew passports: http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/passports/apply.html
COVID-19 Concerns and Vaccinations:
We understand that we live in uncertain times. The YOBC Staff and Tour Directors will be consistently evaluating safety measures and trends for all of our upcoming tours. We will communicate any changes or decisions to you via email.