STRING AUDITION REQUIREMENTS
We recommend that students consult with their private teacher or school music teacher in choosing music and preparing for their audition. Please prepare the following music for your audition.
- 2 scales at any tempo representing current level of playing
- Two contrasting solo works or etudes from student’s current or recently completed study. (Bring an extra copy of the music for the audition committee.)
- Sight reading may be requested.
Possible ensemble placement includes:
- Prima Strings – Beginner Level (string orchestra)
- Concertino – Intermediate Level (string orchestra)
- Ripieno – Advanced Intermediate Level (string orchestra)
- Philharmonia – Advanced II Level (full orchestra)
- Symphony Orchestra – Advanced I Level (full orchestra)
Placement in an ensemble is at the sole discretion of YOBC music directors. Students do not audition for a specific ensemble. Guidelines for placement for our different ensembles are located under About YOBC/YOBC Curriculum.