Jennifer Montone, Philadelphia Orchestra Principal Horn
Sunday, February 5, 2017, 2:45 – 4:15 pm
BCCC Music and Multi Media Building, rm 001
All YOBC French horn students will attend.
Perform at the Master Class
Six YOBC Advanced Division French hornists will have the opportunity to perform at the master class. Students should carefully read the information below and complete the online application form. For additional information, check the requirements listed below.
Application deadline: Tuesday, November, 22 2016
Eligible students: ALL YOBC Fanfare Winds & Wind Ensemble
Students must be available for the entire master class on February 5, and the accompanist rehearsal on February 4.
Sunday, February 5, 2017, from 2:45 – 4:15
You must be available for the entire master class.
Music Submission Deadline (piano accompaniment & extra solo part)
The piano accompaniment for your music must be submitted to YOBC by Tuesday, December 6, 2016. Music can be turned in on concert day or mailed to Youth Orchestra of Bucks County c/o Colleen Sweetsir, 10 Hedgerow Drive, Fairless Hills, PA 19030. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make a special arrangement. Please ensure that your name clearly written on the front of the music. The piano accompaniment must be original music. Please include a photocopy of the solo part.
Rehearsal with Accompanist:
Saturday, February 4, 2017
1:15 – 4:30 pm
You will be assigned a 20-30 minute period to work with the accompanist.
The schedule will be determined and sent to you at a later date. Attendance at the rehearsal is required.
Requirements for Performance in the Master Class (YOBC members only)
- Eligible YOBC students must submit an online application by the deadline date. Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Final selection of students who will perform at the master class is at the sole discretion of the Music Director. All decisions are final.
- You must select a solo work to be performed that is 3 to 5 minutes in length. The work may be a complete solo, a movement or portion of a solo.
- You must seek guidance in selecting an appropriate solo from your private music teacher.
- You must carefully and thoroughly prepare your music with the guidance of your private music teacher.
- Good preparation will also involve listening to recordings of your solo so you understand how the solo line fits with the accompaniment.
- Failure to properly prepare your music will result in disqualification from performance at the master class.
- YOBC will provide a piano accompanist for your performance at the master class and for one rehearsal in advance of the master class. You are required to attend the rehearsal with the accompanist.
- You must purchase and submit the piano accompaniment for your solo by the required due date to allow the accompanist adequate time to prepare the music. A separate copy of the solo part must be submitted with the piano accompaniment. If you will not be performing the complete solo, please indicate the portion of the solo to be performed on both the solo and piano accompaniment parts.
- Failure to submit piano accompaniment to YOBC by the deadline will result in disqualification from performance at the master class.