YOBC Saxophone Quartet Audition Information
Saturday, September 7
Fanfare Winds saxophone students are invited to audition for the YOBC Saxophone Quartet which will be coached by TCNJ Saxophone instructor, Kathleen Mitchell.
To schedule an audition, please email the YOBC office manager, Virginia Glatzer prior to August 31. Unfortunately, no requests for auditions will be accepted after that date. email@example.com
Positions: soprano, alto, tenor, and baritone saxophone
Auditions: Saturday, September 7, 2019, Time TBD
Example Audition Materials:
- Region solos, past or present
- Excerpts from band music
- Jazz Solos or transcriptions
* Major scales are required.
YOBC Saxophone Quartet General Information
- Saxophone students from Fanfare Winds will be chosen by audition.
- The ensemble will rehearse every Sunday from 2:45 – 3:45 pm.
- The ensemble will be professionally coached two Sundays per month (see schedule). Students will rehearse independently on the remaining Sundays.
- Students will participate in YOBC & community performances to be identified by YOBC.
- Students must be members of the YOBC Fanfare Winds.
- Students must be willing to demonstrate a strong commitment to the ensemble through meticulous preparation of music and diligent attendance at rehearsals.
- Students selected for participation must agree to abide by YOBC attendance and conduct policies.
- Students must agree to perform in community service functions as their schedules permit.
Participation in the YOBC Saxophone Quartet is by audition only. There are only 4 positions: soprano, alto, tenor, and baritone. Please select and carefully prepare a solo which demonstrates your abilities. Auditions will be held 1:30 – 2:30 pm on Saturday, September 9, at BCCC, following the season curtain-raiser activities.
- Develop technical and musical skills of each individual student within the ensemble
- Develop ensemble skills required for chamber music performance
- Provide students with opportunities for performance and community service