YOBC 2022 Tour: Tuscany & the Italian Lakes
July 10 – 19, 2022
Tour Rehearsal and Parent Meeting Schedule
Parent presentation slides
Handout from Informational Meeting
Learn Italian at BCCC
Online Tour Application
Tour Financial Assistance Form
Tour Committee Meetings at BCCC
- October 17th, 2021 @2:30p
- Jaunary 9th 2022 @2:30p
- May 15th, 2022 @Time TBD
- Length: 9 days
- Air Travel: Newark-Milan non-stop, round trip via UNITED. Sunday July 10, 2022 departs Newark at 7:05pm, Tuesday July 19, 2022 arrives Newark at 2:05pm
- Participation in four concerts/international music festivals
- Recreation (with students in mind) including a beach day, cultural tours/sightseeing, and a farewell dinner
- Round trip airfare
- Two meals a day – usually breakfast and dinner (drinks with meals not included)
- Two tour buses, and 1 van for the instruments.
- Bilingual tour manager and driver on each bus
- Double/triples/quads for students; Double occ. for adults (single room upgrade fee)
- Educational, cultural, musical, recreational activities and entrance fees
- Trip insurance is not included in the package; YOBC strongly recommends participants purchase trip insurance
- No deviations from the tour package can be allowed
Tour Package Cost
Tour Musician Cost – Student: $3100-3300 (final price determined mid-October)
Non-Musician Cost: $4100-4300 (final price determined mid-October)
Who Is Eligible?
- YOBC students who are in Symphony Orchestra, Fanfare Winds, Wind Ensemble, Philharmonia, and Ripieno are eligible.
- YOBC Alumni – If you missed out on our 2020 tour and have since graduated, we would love for you to join for the 2022 tour!
- Parents and family members. Younger siblings accompanying parents may qualify to perform with the tour ensemble pending an audition with Mr. Loughran.
- Preference for space will go to students (over parents/siblings), and additional preference will go to ensure instrumental balance, and to early registrants.
Parent Tour Participation
- All adults participating in the tour must serve as volunteer chaperones for part of the trip
- We will take applications for 5 adults willing to function as overnight security chaperones. Tour discounts will be available for these positions. Please contact Erica Cherry (firstname.lastname@example.org)
How Do I Join?
- Submit an online tour application to register for the tour.
- Deadline to join or withdraw from the tour is April 1, 2022. All payments refundable until April 1, 2022.
- Participants joining the tour must adhere to the payment schedule below.
Paying for the Tour
Information about the tour payment schedule will be posted shortly. Tour payments can be made in 4 installments.
Fundraising: YOBC will provide fundraising opportunities for students/parents to help pay for their trip. If you are interested in helping to plan fundraising, have ideas to share, or are interested in being the committee head for tour fundraising, please contact Erica Cherry at email@example.com
Financial Aid: Some student financial aid is available. Aid will be decided upon the basis of need on the part of both the student and YOBC touring ensemble. Applications are available after you’ve registered for the tour.
- Artistic Leadership: Robert Loughran
- Tour Company: Festival Orchestre Giovanili (www.florenceyouthfestival.com)
- Tour Directors: Monica and Gerardo Konig
- Tour Administrator: Erica Cherry
Tour Planning Committee
You can help us make this a great tour by joining the Tour Planning Committee. The committee is comprised of parents, the tour directors (Monica and Gerardo Konig), and YOBC staff. The committee will meet regularly during YOBC rehearsals and/or online to give input and plan the tour in areas including procedures, security & safety, tour publicity, social events, financial recordkeeping and producing a tour handbook. Meeting times will be announced via email and posted on the YOBC website. Please indicate on the application form if you are interested in joining the Tour Planning Committee.
All tour information will be posted on the tour page of the YOBC website. Please check the website regularly for updated information. Communication will be conducted via email. Please make sure that the primary email and student email addresses you designate on the tour application are addresses that you regularly monitor.
In addition to the tour application form, there are a number of forms that all tour participants will be required to complete. All forms will be available on the tour page of the YOBC website. Most forms can be submitted electronically. Please take care to submit all forms by their due dates.
All tour participants must have passport/visa which is valid through 6 months after the end of the tour. (January 19, 2023) Passport application and renewal can take time. Start now to make sure you have a valid passport for the tour.
Apply for or renew passports: http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/passports/apply.html
COVID-19 Concerns and Vaccinations:
We understand that we live in uncertain times, yet we are hopeful for the 2022 tour! The YOBC Staff and Tour Directors will be consistently evaluating safety measures and trends in Italy as well as in Bucks County. We will communicate any changes or decisions to you via email. We have created the April 1, 2021 refund date in order to allow as much time as possible for increased confidence in international travel.
- IMPORTANT: All tour participants must be fully vaccinated by tour departure. You will be asked to provide proof of vaccination as part of your required tour documents