Last year, you helped YOBC raise over $7300.
Who will be this year’s Practice-A-Thon All-Stars?
Most minutes practiced? Most money raised? Total minutes practiced?
October 7 – 21, 2018
Make sure to include the name of your sponsored student at checkout:
Here is a chance to win prizes and raise money for YOBC’s education and scholarship programs by doing what you do anyway — practice! So get out your instrument, practice, and have fun! What counts as practice? Any time you are playing your instrument OUTSIDE of school band rehearsals and classrooms. YOBC rehearsals count! Private lessons count! (Marching band does not.)
Find Sponsors or Pledges
Start by contacting your friends and family: your parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, neighbors, music teachers, and anyone else you can think of. Ask them to pledge a certain amount for every minute practiced (ex: $0.10/minute) or pledge a flat donation (ex: $50). Use the Sponsor Sheet to track your pledges.
Keep Track of Practice Time
From October 7 through October 21, keep track of your hours practiced on a Practice Log.
At the end of the Practice-a-Thon, you will need to collect your donations. Turn in to your ensemble liaison your Sponsor Sheet, Practice Log, and total money collected by October 29. Checks should be made payable to YOBC — 100% of donations will benefit YOBC education and scholarship programs.
- Most minutes practiced:First prize: $125! Second prize: $75!
- Most money in donations: $125! Second prize: $75
- Honorable mentions: Next 3 top practicers! $20 voucher for YOBC merchandise!
- Ensemble with highest average minutes practiced: pizza party!
- Any ensemble with 100% participation will win an ice cream party!
- New: Student in an ensemble with most money AND at least 5 sponsors: $50 iTunes or Google Play card!