The Youth Orchestra of Bucks County is accepting applications for the following position(s):
The Youth Orchestra of Bucks County (YOBC) creates opportunities for young musicians to achieve artistic excellence through enriching classical music experiences. We are seeking an Administrative Coordinator to provide back office and technical support for the organization and to oversee auditions. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Administrative Coordinator will schedule and oversee YOBC’s auditions process, manage enrollment and the member database, and maintain YOBC’s website, among other duties. This is a part-time (20-30 hours/week), year-round position with schedule flexibility (work from home). Some nights and evenings required.
Primary job responsibilities:
- Coordinate annual auditions schedules
- Email, direct mail, text, and phone communications
- Manage enrollment and membership database
- Maintain and troubleshoot YOBC website
- Assist with Operations, Development, and other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and 1–2 years of administrative or customer service work
- Understanding of and support for YOBC’s mission
- Candidates must have a strong work ethic, be self-motivated, and be able to work independently and remotely
- Able to work occasional nights and weekends
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills
- High ethical standards and ability to maintain confidential member information
- Strong organizational, follow-up, and time-management skills
- Attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher
- Knowledge of or ability to learn complex database tools in CiviCRM, Zoho: creating records, importing contacts, reports, batch updating, customizations, permissions.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn website tools: WordPress, CiviMail, forms & reports
- Knowledge of or ability to learn basic graphic tools for photo manipulation
- Knowledge of or ability to learn Adobe Professional software and work with PDF format
- Basic knowledge of HTML, CSS, and PHP is a plus
Apply for this position:
Please send a cover letter explaining the value of music education to you, and why you would be right for this job. Send the letter along with a current resume to YOBC’s Executive Director, Colleen Sweetsir: email@example.com. If you have relevant work samples demonstrating any of the required skills, please send copies or links at the same time.
Application Deadline: December 1, 2017 or until position is filled.