In addition to the annual fall and spring concerts, YOBC also offers two kinds of concert trips to its Advanced Division members. Traditionally, on odd-numbered years, a one-day field trip is organized, at little or no cost to members. The participants play a concert in the morning, and a sightseeing or cultural activity is scheduled for the afternoon. Past concert venues have included historic Penn Ryn on the Delaware, at the Old Post Office in Washington, DC, and in New York at St. Peters Church, Ellis Island, and the Statue of Liberty. In the summer of 2009 the destination was again New York, where they performed at St. Paul the Apostle church in Manhattan and attended a performance of "West Side Story."
For 2013 a Youth Orchestra Music Festival is under discussion with the Mann Music Center in Philadelphia.
- 2002 - Vienna, Salzburg and Bavaria - including participation in the International Youth Music Festival in Ansbach, Bavaria
- 2004 - Scandinavia - performances in Odense, Egeskov Castle, Tivoli Gardens in Copenhagen, and Stockholm
- 2006 - Prague and Karlovy Vary in the Czech Republic, Hahnbach, Germany - again participating in the International Youth Music Festival, this time in the Oberpfalz region of Germany
- 2008 - Northern Italy and Tuscany - performing five concerts, including Soave's "Musica fra le Mura" festival and "Eventi Bardolin'08" in Bardolino. Tour participants attended Verdi's Aida in the 2000-year old Arena di Verona
- 2012 - Northern Spain and Southern France. Four concerts including the 63rd Music Festival of Menton, France, and a master class were part of this latest tour.
Destinations are being discussed for 2014. An announcement about our next tour should come in the fall of 2014.