Now scheduling special auditions to fill openings
Membership in the Youth Orchestra of Bucks County is open to young musicians in elementary grades through high school. Apply now to audition for YOBC’s 2018-19 season. Complete the Request an Audition form and we will contact you if there are openings for your instrument. We especially need musicians in our entry-level ensembles, and the following in-demand instruments: clarinet, bassoon, trumpet, euphonium/baritone, tuba, string bass, viola.
DOWNLOAD AUDITIONS FLYER
Audition guidelines appear below; specific requirements are listed on the links below.
General Audition Guidelines
- Choose audition solos and scales that represent your current level of playing.
- Audition music should be thoroughly prepared and not music the student is still learning.
- Students should consult their private teacher for selection and preparation of appropriate audition music.
- Bring an extra copy of your music to the audition for the auditioners.
- The audition will take approximately 10 minutes. In most cases, students and parents will be advised of the results at the end of the audition.
All students must participate in their school instrumental music program as available and study with a private teacher.
For more specific requirements for your instrument follow these links:
Large ensembles rehearse weekly on Sunday afternoons during the months of September-November and January-April at the Bucks County Community College, Newtown Campus. Most chamber groups rehearse weekly; string sectionals occur on a rotating basis for some ensembles. For details as to exact times please see the webpage of the individual ensembles.
Contact: Diana Nolan, Auditions Coordinator, email@example.com 267-225-1908.
MUSIC TEACHERS! Join our mailing list for timely information about YOBC auditions, concerts, and special events that may be of interest to you and your students. Expand your studio: we will refer students looking for private instructors. Click HERE to register.